2. Please USE TODAY TO FINISH YOUR work (annotations and questions) on your Joseph MacArthur DBQ (I have posted to Google Classroom!!!!) and be able to articulate clear awareness and perspective on Joseph MacArthur's actions during the early Cold War Era on the American home front. Your silent conversation will still happen tomorrow so please review the Silent Conversation/Debate Question at the top of the DBQ
1. Using the Joseph McCarthy DBQ please review all 11 documents, the visual documents we did in partners, your textbook and any movie clips that may help you answer the Silent Conversation/Debate Question at the top of the DBQ. What this means is that you should have read, evaluated, annotated, the DBQ's. On Friday you will complete your assessment activity which will be a silent Big Paper Conversation/Debate with a partner.
Modern America Class - Period 7
Essential Questions: 1. How much do popular trends reflect and/or shape American values and traditions?
2. Does our entertainment reflect society, or does our entertainment shape our society?
3. What is Pop Culture?
4. How do we know if something is Popular Culture?
Themes: Pop Culture, Top Charts, American Exceptionalism, 1980's Decade, 1980's TV, 1980's Major Events in Politics, Culture, Sports, Science.
1. We will watch scenes from The Breakfast Club and you guys will be filling out the Movie Response Forms while watching.
1. Please make sure you have POSTED your completed the Music Assignments - Music in the 1980's and homework on Google Classroom. Furthermore, please share your Interview Podcast Permission Forms and Phase I Questions and Introduction of your Interviewee for Mr. Parkin Google Folder that he shared with you all last week. You will see it in your shared Google Folder as "Podcast Interview Project on the 1980's" so that I can approve before class on Friday (Tomorrow!).