-Does state or federal government have a greater impact in our lives?
-Does the United States have a mission to expand democracy and freedom?
-What might 19th century Native Americans have said about Manifest Destiny?
-How might the country have developed differently if no gold or other precious minerals had been discovered in the West?
-Does war cause national prosperity?
-Is economic, social, or physical coercion an effective method of achieving our national interest in domestic affairs
Themes: State Rights vs. Federal Government, Reform Movements of the 19th Century, Prison Reform, Education Reform, Women's Rights, and Abolitionism
1. I totally forgot to do this with Periods 5 & 6 yesterday, so we are going to share the Mexican-American Outlines with your peers. You will get a 1/2 quiz grade from your submission on Google Classroom. Many of you had put some tremendous effort into these outlines and I really want you to earn some real credit behind your hard work.
2. Which Film below did you like the best after watching on The Red Scare and HUAC? Why? What did each one offer that enlightened you on the Hollywood Ten and the American Government? Did the Federal Government violate the US Constitution? Could this happen today?
1. Using the Joseph McCarthy DBQ please review documents #1-6 and annotate them with your thoughts, perspectives, and anything that may help you answer the Debate Question at the top of the DBQ. We will have a silent Big Paper Debate on Thursday.
Modern America Class - Period 7
Essential Questions: 1. How much do popular trends reflect and/or shape American values and traditions?
2. Does our entertainment reflect society, or does our entertainment shape our society?
3. What is Pop Culture?
4. How do we know if something is Popular Culture?
Themes: Pop Culture, Top Charts, American Exceptionalism, 1980's Decade, 1980's TV, 1980's Major Events in Politics, Culture, Sports, Science.
1. Please make sure you have POSTED your completed the Music Assignments - Music in the 1980's and homework on Google Classroom. Furthermore, please share your Interview Podcast Permission Forms and Phase I Questions and Introduction of your Interviewee for Mr. Parkin Google Folder that he shared with you all last week. You will see it in your shared Google Folder as "Podcast Interview Project on the 1980's" so that I can approve before class on Friday.