Pre-Civil War Reform - Scroll down to this section on our online textbook and read the summary and click on the links to help you understand more specific reform movements
3. Crash Course on Reform Movements with John Green
4. Please watch Women during the 19th Century Reform Movement before the American Civil War video:
1.Please go to Slavery and Abolition, which is part of the Smithsonian Institution in Washington, D.C. This exhibit will highlight the key abolitionist and the principles behind why people fought against slavery. Please use the Slavery and Abolition link and your textbook pages 248-253 as resources to help complete the following activities:
A. Create a 2-column chart titled "Anti-Slavery Actions AND Proslavery Actions" and list the major actions that occurred on both of these subjects from 1820-1850.
B. How did Southerners DEFEND slavery? What arguments did they use?
2. Which Film below did you like the best after watching on The Red Scare and HUAC? Why? What did each one offer that enlightened you on the Hollywood Ten and the American Government? Did the Federal Government violate the US Constitution? Could this happen today?
1. Using the Joseph McCarthy DBQ please review documents #1-6 and annotate them with your thoughts, perspectives, and anything that may help you answer the Debate Question at the top of the DBQ. We will have a silent Big Paper Debate on Thursday.
Modern America Class - Period 7
Essential Questions: 1. How much do popular trends reflect and/or shape American values and traditions?
2. Does our entertainment reflect society, or does our entertainment shape our society?
3. What is Pop Culture?
4. How do we know if something is Popular Culture?
Themes: Pop Culture, Top Charts, American Exceptionalism, 1980's Decade, 1980's TV, 1980's Major Events in Politics, Culture, Sports, Science.
1. How are the Music Posts and Interview Podcast Projects going? So far I have 1/2 of your posted to Google Classroom and NOBODY has dropped questions on Phase I of the Interview Podcast Project.
1. Please make sure you have completed the Music Assignments - Music in the 1980's and homework and posted it to Google Classroom.Music Forum on Google Classroom. You have three assignments that are due on Music.