-Was it possible to have reconciliation after the American Civil War? -Should the Confederate States have been treated as a defeated nation or rebellious states? -Did Reconstruction governments rule the American South well? -When should a president be impeached and removed from office? -Can political freedom exist without an economic foundation? -To what extend did Jim Crow Laws create and govern a racially segregated society in the South?
Themes: State Rights vs. Federal Government, Abraham Lincoln's Assassination, Reconstruction, Civil War Amendments
2. Please listen toBruce Levine's National Public Radio Interviewabout how did African-Americans Experience the American Civil War. Please use this radio podcast and your knowledge of African Americans in the Civil War and during Reconstruction to answer an response to the question on "Did African-Americans win racial equality thanks to the Union government during the American Civil War and Reconstruction? 3. Please download the Reconstruction Presidents and Video Questions
1. Study and organize all your resources on Reconstruction and be ready to take a QUIZ tomorrow/Monday depending on how much of the Presidential video we finish.
1. Read pages 904-913 and OUTLINE IT in your own effective manner. Your outline should be organized and consistent of major topics, people, and outcomes. ______________________________________________________
Modern America Class - Period 7
Essential Questions: 1. How much do popular trends reflect and/or shape American values and traditions?
2. Does our entertainment reflect society, or does our entertainment shape our society?
3. What is Pop Culture?
4. How do we know if something is Popular Culture?
Themes: Pop Culture, Top Charts, American Exceptionalism, 1990's Decade, 1990's TV, 1990's Major Events in Politics, Culture, Sports, Science.
1. Thank you seniors for a wonderful semester of Modern America!
1. Congratulations Seniors and YOU DID A GREAT JOB!