4. Causes of the American Civil War Resources: Events that Triggered the American Civil War - CivilWar.org Causes of the War - TeachingHistory.org
The Crash Course Video with John Green on "The Election of 1860 and Disunion" + Question "What is the turning point leading up to the American Civil War? (based off the video)"
Debate Question:Was JFK assassinated by a single gunman?
-Team preparation (Five minutes to discuss and manage the collective arguments and the evidence you will use to support your arguments)
OPENING STATEMENTS with your arguments: (1 minute EACH)
1. Team A STARTS - Single Gunman (Oswald)
2. Team B (Conspiracy Theory)
Phase 2 - The CROSS DEBATE: 15 minutes of Open Debate (TOTAL) - One student speaks at a time and the other team has to listen. No one can dominate or speak for more than 30 seconds at a time.
1. Team B begins their major argument (focus on defense)
2. Team A counter-attacks (focus on offense/keep the pressure on)
CLOSING DEBATE: (1-2 MINUTES EACH) One team speaks at a time to give their final statements to sway the decision of the Debate Judge (Mr. Parkin). You may use this time to counterattack any arguments the other team made.
1. Tonight is your FINAL NIGHT TO PREPARE for your John F. Kennedy's Tragedy in Dallas Debate. Please utilize the resources below to come up with your arguments and evident to support your debate question: "Was JFK assassinated by a single gunman?"
HALF the class will be divided up into Lee Harvey Oswald Supports and the other half will be Conspiracy theorist of multiple gunman. DECIDE which side you will fall on...but you MUST DO YOUR RESEARCH USING THE BELOW SITES! Please fill out the Graphic Organizer so that you have some data points on the theory that you support tonight!
1. Please review the End of the 1980's Slideshow - How did the Cold War "cool down" in the 1980's?Write a summarization of the 1980's and what you liked most about the decade and what you liked least about the decade. What surprised you the most? Would you want to have been a young adult in this decade, why or why not? Please post to Google Classroom.