Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Day 2 - Getting Familiar with Students

Day 2 - Wednesday

I reiterated the importance of Google Classroom and how it will be a routine in our class. Students have a few assignments due tomorrow and I just wanted our freshmen students to realize that using their new Google Chromebooks will have some challenges, but overall any device could be utilized and implemented in the classroom as a routine. Additionally, I think I was able to calm down student's fears by letting them know that WE as teachers are also adapting to the switch from Ipads to Google Chromebooks and having challenges figuring out the workflow reorganization.

Finally and most importantly I had students fill out 5x7 index cards asking them two important questions regarding their learning styles/academics:

1. What are things that are easy for you in a classroom?


2. What are the things that are difficult for you in a classroom?

The goal here was to gage how students reflect and articulate their successes and struggles in the classroom. Moreover, I want to be able to get an early snapshot of what my students greatest needs are for the 2017-2018 school year. 

Tomorrow will be finishing up Angela Duckworth's TedTalk and Grit Test!

No comments:

Post a Comment