Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Day 1 - Laying the Groundwork and Icebreakers

After 6 consecutive years of running my blog as a daily routine and posting assignments, videos, Ted Talks, primary/secondary sources of history, and many other resources for my students as we worked through the curriculum, I have decided to sadly end the student daily postings. This will no longer be the main resource center driving student work and outcomes. More importantly, I have embraced Google Classroom as the primary engine pushing resources and student work flow.  However, I plan to utilize Mr. Parkin's blog as a reflection of my teaching practices and a celebration of student work. Therefore, my blog is not finished completely, but rather a place to build and cultivate a remaking process in which I can ultimately become a more reflective and better teacher. 

Day 1 was a success in that I organized my classes on Google Classroom so that every one of them signed up for GC, put students in assigned seats, and began my icebreaker on Find Someone Who...

Rules and Outcomes: Many thanks to Dr. Amy Fast, Assistant Principal at Mcminnville High School in Oregon @fastcranny and Massachusetts own Ms. Beth Hughes @MsBethHughes from Wakefield High School for the great idea. 


Looking forward to getting to know my students and building relationships with them on Day 2. 

No comments:

Post a Comment