U.S. History I - Periods 1, 5, and 6:
-What do we want from Government?
-Does our state government or federal government have more of an impact in our lives?
-Does the system of checks and balances provide us with an effective and efficient government?
-Is a strong federal system the most effective government for the United States? Which level of government, federal or state, can best solve our nation's problems?
Themes: Federalism, State Rights vs. Federal Government, Liberty vs. Hierarchy, U.S. Constitution, State Rights vs. Federal Rights, Bill or Rights, Checks and Balances, Amendments 11-27
1. We will finish the two short video clips on The Constitutional Convention and The Ratification of the Constitution and the New U.S. Government and compare these videos to your homework last night on Drafting a Constitution - Chapter 5 - Section 2.
2. Quick Understanding of Drafting the Constitution
-Who were the 55 delegates?
-Who were the key players?
-What was the biggest debate over Small States and Big States?
-Slavery in the U.S. Constitution - yah or nah?
***More on Slavery in the U.S. Constitution - please download and use the class worksheet to organize your ideas and answer the questions.
3. Anti-Federalist vs. Federalist - DBQ based questions
4. U.S. Constitution Resources:
Anti-federalist vs. Federalist Chart
United States Government Brief Slideshow
Current U.S. Government Slideshow
1. Please read, highlight, study, and learn the contents of pages 8-12 on the U.S. Constitution Packet by Monday, December 1st. It will be absolutely necessary as a key study guide and perhaps an outline used for a test.
U.S. HISTORY II - Period 4:
-Who was Herbert Hoover and how did his leadership affect the American people during the Great Depression?
-How did the Great Depression affect the lives of millions of Americans?-What affect did the Dust Bowl have on Americans during the Great Depression?
-What was the New Deal and how did it affect the American people during the Great Depression?
-What affect did the Stock Market Crash of 1929 have on the American people during the Great Depression?
-What were the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC), The Works Progress Administration (WPA), and the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) and how did the affect the American people during the Great Depression?
-Who was Franklin Delano Roosevelt and how did his leadership affect the American people during the Great Depression?
1. Causes of the Great Depression?
Look at your handout (HW from Wednesday Night) The Nation's Sick Economy and compare to my list of the Great Depression Causes. Add what you need to your outlines in order to effectively understand the major causes of the Great Depression.
*If you are struggling understanding any of the causes, please use the Digital Database to investigate the Causes of the Great Depression.
2. Please read the article titled Great Depression: A Struggle to Survive AND THEN answer the 3 questions on the back page.
3. We will watch these 2 videos on Monday - Please review BOTH short movies below on the Causes and Effects of the Great Depression. Create a T-chart that reflects 5 CAUSE-AND-EFFECT situations based off the videos.
The Great Depression Movie
4. Great Depression Slideshow
1. Your NEW project will should be reviewed this weekend and we will begin executing it next week and first week in December - Review of the expectations of the Digital Storytelling Project and the Digital Storytelling Rubric.
2. Take a peek and let me know if you have any questions Digital Story Sample from Youtube on the Great Depression:
International Studies - Period 2
1. How do we think about POWER in the 21st Century?
2. How do we define our interest as a country?
3. What does "hard power" and "soft power" capability and how does it impact foreign policy?
4. How is power distributed?
5. How should we deal with extremist?
Themes: War vs. Peace, Sustainability Change, Hard Power, Soft Power, Smart Power, Hong Kong Protest, Islamic State in Syria (ISIS)
1. We will finish the last 25 minutes of the Rise of ISIS documentary from PBS Frontline Special.
2. Resources about Islam and the Middle East
Map of the Middle East - Major Islamic Cities
Differences between Sunnis and Shiites - Chart
The Origins of the Shiite and Sunni Split - NPR Radio Broadcast - Meaning it's a podcast for you to listen to or you can read the article as well.
What is the difference between Sunnis and Shia Muslims - Article
Sunnis and Shiites Schism
1. Follow the news this weekend and what is happening in 2014 with ISIS (The Islamic State in Sham).